Cursos Sequenciais (Sequential Courses) are officially recognized courses of study atGraduação (undergraduate) level, but shorter and more specialized than regular undergraduate programs. Admission to a curso sequencial is based on completed secondary education (Ensino Medio) without the entrance exam requirement.
Two types of qualifications awarded:
- Certificado de Curso Superior de Complementação de Estudos (Higher Education Certificate of Complementary Studies):
- This program does not follow a specific structure. The student chooses most of the subjects.
- Diploma de Curso Superior de Formação Específica (Diploma of Course of Specific Training):
- Minimum 2 years of study in a specific area. Minimum of 1600 hours, usually over 4 semesters/2 years
- These programs can be found in the e-MEC database
- Upon completion, students may transfer into a Graduação (undergraduate) program after sitting the entrance examination (e.g. Vestibular)
- Students may also be eligible to enter a Lato Sensu program
See a sample of Diploma de Curso Superior de Formação Específica in our Sample Documents (link) database.