Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is one of the six regional accrediting bodies in the United States. Its jurisdiction includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
SACS has also accredited selected overseas institutions:
- The American University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (accredited since 2007)
- Fundacion Universidad de las Americas Puebla, Mexico (accredited since 1959)
- Instituto Centroamericano de Administracion de Empresa, Costa Rica (accredited since 1994)
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico (accredited since 1950)
- Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico (accredited since 2001)
- Universidad de las Americas - A.C, Mexico (accredited since 1991)