Universidad Nacional de Alto Uruguay (UNAU), located in San Vicente, is one of the two most recently established public universities in Argentina. Along with the Universidad Nacional de Hurlingham (UNAHUR), it was formally established by a ministerial decree in 2015.
UNAU opened its doors in 2019, offering four programs:
- University Technician in Agricultural Development (3 years)
- University Technician in Surgical Instrumentation (3 years)
- Licentiate in Kinesiology and Physiatry (5 years)
- Licentiate in Business Administration (4 years)
In 2021, another licentiate program was added to the department of health sciences:
- Licentiate in Nutrition (5 years)